The Certified Six Sigma Black Belt is a professional who can explain Six Sigma philosophies and principles, including supporting systems and tools. A Black Belt should demonstrate team leadership, understand team dynamics and assign team member roles and responsibilities. Black Belts have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the DMAIC model in accordance with Six Sigma principles. They have basic knowledge of Lean enterprise concepts, are able to identify non-value-added elements and activities and are able to use specific tools.
To prepare for the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification exam, a candidate will need to complete in-depth training. The material in a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course builds on the concepts covered in earlier training courses, such as Six Sigma Green Belt and Lean Six Sigma. At the Black Belt level, students must be able to perform a variety of complex process-related calculations and understand how to identify, address and correct a problem in any part of the business structure. The training courses for Lean Six Sigma Black Belts also focus on developing managerial and leadership qualities, as these relate to a broad implementation of Lean Six Sigma throughout an organization.
Another key role of a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is to act as a coach and mentor to Green Belts within the company. This is an extremely important aspect of the Lean Six Sigma methodology overall, as it emphasizes the importance of adopting and applying the principles of Lean and Six Sigma at all levels of an organization. Developing Green Belt talent will help departments throughout the company to operate more efficiently, which is why this is such a vital role for a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
Maintaining Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
Once you have completed the necessary training and earned your Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification, you’ll need to commit to ongoing education to keep your knowledge current and hone your skills in key business areas. Lean Six Sigma Black Belts must complete a set number of continuing education units (CEUs) within a specified time period to obtain re-certification. One option is to pursue further Lean Six Sigma training, such as a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt course. Another is to complete coursework in other relevant disciplines, such as project management, business analysis or organizational leadership. While continuing education is mandatory for maintaining Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification, the new skills and credentials you attain will benefit both your company and your career.
Certification Prerequisites Target Audience Cost Of Exam Do I need Training? PMI®®-PDUs Awarded Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Six Sigma Green Belt Six Sigma Green Belt Professionals who want to get comprehensive knowledge about Six Sigma and Lean methods and aspire to work as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt in managing projects. $800 (with online certificate), $900 (with physical certificate) Complementary Online course is provided with the certification exam. If you need classroom training, refer to Training section. 55
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (LSSBB) certification focuses on testing students on their comprehensive understanding of the various Six Sigma tools and techniques in conjunction with Lean. The objective of the online value added course (complementary with certification exam) is to develop a comprehensive knowledge base that helps students to function effectively as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt in various projects. The tools and techniques cover both quantitative and non-quantitative analysis along with other necessary knowledge to improve the production process, minimize inefficiencies and increase with a greater focus on the practical implementation of these tool and techniques in the organization.
• Multiple Choice
• 125 questions per exam
• One mark awarded for every right answer
• No negative marks for wrong answers
• 180 minutes duration
• Proctored online exam
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Quality Assurance Engineers, Project Managers, Team leaders, Software Professionals, Practitioners, Software Quality Assurance team members and Senior Management
• Management team of Organizations who intend to implement and practice Six Sigma
• Those who want to get certified as Black Belt in Six Sigma
• Future managers including management students
• Any other professional members who are doing research, innovations or consulting in process improvement practices
• Achieve significant improvements in critical business processes.
• Apply statistical and problem solving tools to an improvement project brought to class on the first day.
• Reduce process variation.
• Eliminate waste and defects by applying lean and Six Sigma.
• Collect, analyze, and quantify data that enable process improvements.
• Learn how to execute the Six Sigma methodology.
• Gain an understanding of how to plan a project effectively
• Establish and define process capability.
• Identify and eliminate dominant process variation sources.
• Identify information on coaching and giving feedback
• Characterize and optimize processes by computing and applying statistical techniques.’
• Develop knowledge on how to become an accredited Lean Six Sigma Black Belt successfully
• Design, simulate, and execute designed experiments that depict validated improvement.
• Learn how to plan and implement process control to hold project gains.
• Courses delivered by world class training instructors
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt includes material and manuals
• Candidates will be able to report on performance management efficiently