Leading SAFe®, Scaled Agile is the world’s leading framework for business agility
The Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) is a system for implementing Agile, Lean, and DevOps practices at scale. The Scaled Agile Framework is the most popular framework for leading enterprises because it works: it’s trusted, customizable, and sustainable. If you want to build operational excellence, collaboration, responsiveness, and customer satisfaction into your organizational DNA, where do you start? SAFe provides a proven playbook for transformation.
New to the Scaled Agile Framework®? Leading SAFe® offers you an introduction to the foundations of SAFe, and provides the principles and practices to drive your Lean-Agile transformation with confidence. The course also offers the guidance and tools you need to lead effectively in remote environments with distributed teams.
- Iam sure you will agree with me on the following:
- Rapid change in Technology - What we work today may not be even there tomorrow.>
- Changing priorities - Business frequently change their minds to compete with the market
- Demand for Quality - We will lose customers if we don’t deliver a quality product. Buy a
product..and it never dies. That is the expectation!>
- System complexities - A change in one place could affect in many areas of the product due to
tightly coupled legacy systems>
- Time to Market - We need to deliver faster than our competitors.>
- 1. How to realize the benefits of SAFe, including:
- - Boosting productivity
- - Improving product quality
- - Decreasing time to market
- - Increasing employee engagement
- 2. How to establish Team and Technical Agility and organize around the flow of value.
- 3. How to align massive organizations around clear, common objectives.
- 4. How to participate successfully in critical SAFe events, such as PI Planning.
- 5. How to adopt a customer-centric mindset.
So how do we explain SAFe in simple terms?
Consider a small company which has just started with few members, a small network of people
working and collaborating together. They have a common goal and a clear vision. After a few
years, they scale up with multiple departments and become a big organization. There are
people challenges to deal with and so they created hierarchies and each department functioned
in silos and they had their own hierarchies with specific roles and responsibilities. This put
boundaries and political barriers between departments and created siloed ways of working.
Eventually we lost the network.
We realized that value had to cut through the silos which became a huge challenge. We cannot
knock down the hierarchy because we need stability. Can we get the network of people back?
Yes we can, by using the SAFe framework which provides the dual network system below for
By adopting SAFe & applying its well-described set of values, principles, and practices, the
enterprise can realize greater business benefits. SAFe is enabling business agility and
improving business outcomes for organizations of all sizes across the world. Hundreds of case
studies have proven this. Eg. Lego , CISCO, British Telecom, etc. SAFe is so effective because it’s proven, scalable, and configurable: It works, regardless of the
organization’s size, industry, or complexity.
Advantages of SAFe:
- Provides alignment between teams upto higher management and business stakeholders
by enabling them to work towards a common goal and a shared vision.
- Big room planning helps teams to collaborate and align on a shared commitment.
- The framework provides high visibility and alignment across the organization from
Teams(<50 people) to Program(50 to 125 people) to Portfolio(>150) Levels.
- The framework helps to convey the intent of the customers to the teams so everyone is
aligned on the Vision/Goal of the product and are on the same page.
- WSJF prioritization model is used to sequence Epics & Features into small MVPs so as
to provide the most economic value to the customers.
- Helps to deal with dependencies at all levels through specific roles & events.
- The common cadence across teams helps them to synchronise at regular intervals to
integrate and build a great quality product.
- Teams Inspect and adapt and innovate at regular intervals at all levels and continuously
And much more…
Join us to have an immersive, interactive 3 day session on Leading SAFe 5.1 with real time
examples from past experience!